JOB 1 - MOBILITY EQUIPMENT ENGINEER
We are looking for a stairlift & mobility equipment engineer who is technically minded & has a keen desire to learn to join our close-knit, highly motivated & caring team. So, if you thrive in an environment where no two days are the same, then look no further.
Your duties will include, but not limited to:
· Installation, service & repair of stairlifts
· Servicing & repair of products such as mobility scooters, powerchairs, riser/recliner chairs, wheelchairs, bathing & walking aids at our customers’ homes & at our workshop in Blaby
· Making deliveries & collections in & around Leicestershire
· Carry out home demonstrations of scooters & powerchairs together with basic customer assessments
· Assisting in the showroom as required & when you have completed all your engineering duties. This includes advising & assisting customers with the purchase of mobility equipment & various other aids & answering the telephone
· Assembling equipment to replenish stock for the showroom or to be delivered to customers
· Maintaining a tidy workshop & parts store
35-40 hours per week
Negotiable & structured, dependent upon experience.
Please state your current salary & benefits when applying.
Five GCSEs graded C or above would be preferred
English & maths skills are most important as extremely good spelling & grammar are essential, together with good arithmetic.
· Previous mechanical/electrical experience within the mobility industry
· Fault finding skills
· Polite, presentable & trustworthy with a calm, caring & patient attitude suited to dealing with our specialised customer base
· Outstanding interpersonal skills – being able to interact with customers from all demographics
· Excellent organisational skills including managing your time within the working day & the ability to multi-task
· Clear verbal & written communication skills & have an excellent telephone manner
· Computer literate
· Accurate cash handling
· Able to use their own initiative & be self-motivated
· Excellent time keeping
· Proven record of excellent customer service
· Moving & handling (the capability to assemble, lift & move a variety of equipment into customers’ vehicles, at customers’ homes & at our showroom)
· Hardworking, reliable team player with a flexible caring & sympathetic attitude.
· A full, clean driving licence is essential as you will be required to travel to customers’ homes.
· You will be working from the Blaby area of Leicestershire
· All tools & equipment necessary to carry out your duties are provided together with a vehicle to travel from our workshop to customers’ homes. The van must be returned to our workshop at Blaby at the end of each day
IT Skills Required
Basic IT knowledge is essential & further training can be given to use model specific diagnostic & programming software for scooters & powerchairs
Please provide a full & detailed CV (including current salary & benefits) to email@example.com